Basic Canoe Instructor Course - 5 Consecutive Days (48 hour course)
The Basic Instructors course provides you with the recognized provincial certification Through Ontario Recreational Canoeing and Kayaking Association (ORCKA)
- Rise to a new personal skill level
- Gain confidence instructing in many different circumstances
- Share knowledge and resources
- Practice sessions built into the 48 hr course
- at least 16 years of age
- ORCKA Basic Level 1 – 4
- Or comparable skills & experiences – with permission from Director – Judy Kirkwood.
Fees Includes: ORCKA Canoeing Program Manual, one year ORCKA Membership, one year subscription to Paddle Magazine.
Participant is responsible for food, accommodations, and supplying your own canoe or *rent
As a Basic Canoe Instructor, the successful candidate will be qualified to:
- Instruct and administer ORCKA Basic Canoeing Levels 1-2-3-4 courses
- Instruct at a Safe Canoeing Program
- Assist at a future Camp Canoeing Instructors Course
- Assist at a future Basic Canoe Instructors Course.
As a bonus, if participant have proven skills, it is possible to achieve ORCKA Canadian Style Paddling Level 1 (A-Tandem) and (B-Solo) certification. Evaluation of paddling skills will be ongoing throughout the 5 day course.
*Arrangement may be made for local Canoe Rental – Kirkwood Canoe or Algonquin Outfitters – Swift canoes